07 June 2012

...design icon...


I'm going to be surface pattern inspiration hunting in paris today so I thought it would be fitting to mention one of my favorites, florence broadhurst.  An aussi gal known for her wallpaper patterns, I've always been a huge fan of her horse stampede print below...


I'm actually really interested in reading her biography as well because the story of her life is somewhat controversial.  She was a chameleon- reinventing herself & her career several times over the coarse of her life- very successful but secretive & there is some speculation as to whether some of her designs were even her own...her death still remains a mystery.  Regardless of the drama I love the business she built & the prints that came under her name...


...this spring kate spade teamed up with signature prints which now controls broadhursts' print library to launch a home goods collection infused with some of her most iconic prints. 


You can view more here...ok, ciao for now...off to pound the paris pavement...x mvg


No comments:

Post a Comment