13 May 2012

...barceloneeee...


... I had a rather rapid (36 hour) trip to barcelona the week before last- my husband was there for work & had a day off...so what did I do?  I hopped on the soonest flight I could find to explore barcelone with my babe.  It was "speed sight seeing" as we like to call it- & we absolutely ate & drank our way through that city! sooooo...here is a mini guide to the must see's & must eat's of barcelona...
Definitely hit up the eclipse bar at the W- the views of the city from here are amazing (the photo above).  If you want a taste of the old city,  4gats would be your spot- this is where pablo picasso & other bohemian types used to hang back in the day- it feels frozen in time- how cool is that?  I also highly recommend bar lobo- amazing tapas & some serious sangria- we may or may not have over served ourselves...whoops!  Not to mention the interior decor of this place is super fun...


There are lots of markets around barcelona- most of them were closed since it was a holiday, but this one below had some cool graphics so I had to snap a pic...


The most ridiculously absurd cathedral I have ever been to in my life- this is a must must must- it feels like something out of candy land...la sagrada familia


...and how great is this guy? yes, that is love written with empty spanish beer cans!


..and us...say queso! what an amazing day...







No comments:

Post a Comment