09 August 2010

...Dwell On Design...

I'm almost embarrassed to be posting this so late, but better late then never I guess.  I attended Dwell On Design show in LA several weeks ago right as wedding planning picked up & my final project was due for IDI, so as you can imagine there has been no time for blogging in between.  

Well the dust has finally settled from last months tornado- I'm done with school & married to the most amazing man in the world, yeeeeeewwww!  Life could not be better.  I now have some serious time to devote to the blog & to further my career in interior design which makes me very happy as well.

Ok- back to the show- AMAZING!  It was really spectacular- so much innovation in this industry.  Eco-friendly seemed to be a consistent theme throughout- rightfully so.  If we want to continue to inhabit this earth we need to make changes in our daily lives & in how & what we consume- including home goods.  Reclaimed, re-purposed, & renewable materials were used for a variety of furniture & home applications.

One of my faves was the Reclaimed Space home (first series of pictures).  They focus on custom reclaimed modular homes with alternative energy capabilities.  Using all reclaimed materials lessens the depletion of our natural resources & environment.  I have to say that aesthetically they did an amazing job.  I could totally see one of these perched up as a 2nd home retreat in the mountains or as a mellow surf bungalow on the beach.  Unfortunately my Iphone pics don't do it a whole lot of justice!





Reclaimed Modern also had some really beautiful & intriguing pieces.  Here were a couple that caught my eye....
Reclaimed platform bed- LOVE
Old tire tread accent table- what?!?!
And a few things I fell in love with along the way......
Fire pit...
Environment shelf mural- this was being painted at the show
Ship portholes re-purposed for mirrors- convex-fisheyed
Offbeat hexagon patterned ceramic tiles...
I think this was etched stone flooring, but I can't quite 
remember- regardless- love....
Low profile studded ceramic tile- this would be a fun
backsplash for a kitchen for sure...
Obsessed with this architectural coffee table- reminiscent of bridges....









No comments:

Post a Comment