02 November 2009

Polaroid Land Camera

I just purchased an old polaroid land camera that takes old pack film that I can't wait to mess around with! The frustrating thing is that it uses a totally dated type of battery that is really hard to find. I ordered one online but it's not going to be here for another 2 weeks-it's on backorder! Bah! Well anyways, I intend on using the new/old camera for a polaroid transfer project. My good friend Abby has created these types of images for years and they are gorgeous! They create this watercolor effect that has a distinct vintage feel. Vibrant colors become subdued and create a ghostly image once the emulsion is rolled out onto watercolor paper. I'm really looking forward to taking some shots on the beaches in Laguna and seeing what comes out of it....images to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment